#15 - The Book of Mark - A Need to Pray

 Mark 1:35-38

And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.

And Simon and they that were with him followed after him

And when they had found Him, they said unto him, all men seek for thee.

And he said unto them, let us go into the next towns, that I may preach there also: for therefore came I forth.


Jesus needed time alone and thought it important enough to get up before daylight and go to a solitary place. And He prayed.  He wasn't going to be turned aside by His present popularity.  He saw through all that and wanted quiet time with the Father.  He needed to pray. 

When was the last time you were at the top of your game, that you took out early before daylight to go pray?  That is not usually when people really stretch themselves to pray.   I have a place I go to pray in the woods here, but I usually go there when my tail is in a crack, or I want God to intervene for someone in sick or trouble.  On my better days, I go there to praise Him; on my best days I go there for close, intimate time with God.  On those times I always leave my prayer spot with a warmth in my heart and a sense of direction in my life.  I know He will not remove the obstacles, but I know He will be with me through them.

The Gospel was about to be launched to other parts of the world. Jesus could have stayed where He was at and been local hero from then on.  But that was not what He was called to do.  I don't think He prayed that God would clear His path to bring the Gospel to the rest of the world.  I think He prayed for strength to live out His calling all the way to the cross.  Aren't you glad He did?  I am.

In Jesus name, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hundred Years Old

Step Up to the Privilege

I Have Jesus Even When I'm Invisible