Darkness to Light

 

It was late when I left for my bike ride.  Evening shadows were already falling.  There was no time to be gentle with myself. Time was of the essence.  Pushing against the wind  going out, I maintained a good speed.  Darkness was falling.  Coming back with the wind and now in the half light, I couldn't read my bike computer.  However I knew I was "soaring" again.  I couldn't see it, but I could feel it; magic moments from good to best.  The soaring speed  requires less effort than some of the more pedantic rides in the daylight.  Just after dark, I finished my ride and one look at the bike computer in the light left me amazed that I had done so well.  

So it is with the prospect of the dark in our spiritual lives that we encounter.  The athletic life and the spiritual life require a single-mindedness, pushing to move unfit to fit, from darkness into Light, to who you were to the greater self God has called us to be.   These are those wonderful moments,  when we can truly amaze ourselves at what God can do with even us.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hundred Years Old

Step Up to the Privilege

I Have Jesus Even When I'm Invisible