# 1 - Through Him

 This is from June 4,  2009 when I was training for my first half  Ironman event  - 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike followed by a 13.1 run.  

The training has been hard and now it is becoming hot as well.  This may sound corny but I feel called in all this.  At the same time, I feel blessed that I can train to do this event at an age when many men my age are shopping nursing homes or living in one.  However I do not feel exceptional, as I feel God has placed inherent possibilities within all of us.  For me, staying close to God helped me find my possibilities though not necessarily my talents.  It is my experience that the quality of our lives can be largely determined by our beliefs and our courage to act upon them.  My belief is in God and I believe if act with courage and commitment upon this training, that I will be enabled to complete this half ironman I am training for.  

After all, training is an act of faith.  You train without immediately seeing the outcome but you believe that as long as you stay the course, we can arrive where God knew we could go all along.  It seems that God calls us to discover our true selves, and our true calling through HIM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hundred Years Old

Step Up to the Privilege

I Have Jesus Even When I'm Invisible