Testing

 It has been my experience that God uses events in my life to test me much the same as I use triathlon events to test my training. I believe that through testing, He wants me to see how effective and committed our walk of faith really is or isn't and  get an honest appraisal of just how my spiritual training is really going. Testing is to inspire searching of oneself and trying of one self. God isn't testing me to know how I am.  He already does.  He wants us to be aware of what He already knows.  Just like Peter when he said he would go to the death with Jesus and Jesus said you will deny me three times, God already knew. God already knows what we are made of.  

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thought: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."   Psalm 139:23-24

But God also knows who we can be; what we are capable of.   I cannot help but believe that it is God's highest hope that we learn from our testing, what we need to do to become the person He has in mind for us.   Let us learn through our testing to "run the race that is set before us."  Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hundred Years Old

Step Up to the Privilege

I Have Jesus Even When I'm Invisible