Trucking With God

 

The world can seem so cold.  People seem so cold and unconcerned about each other.  God’s love seems to  go on unimpressed and underrepresented in this hurting world.  It can get you down and you wonder why doesn’t God show up and do something.

The other day it was hot and I was out running on a dirt road.  I had already covered a lot of miles and was dusty,  tired, and on my way home.  There is a  lot of pipeline and oil exploration activity in this area and I was not surprised to see a large tanker truck coming my way.   He was nice; slowed down so as to not cover me in dust.  After he passed, I stopped , bent over with my hands  on my knees, getting a little rest and trying to cool down a bit.   A few minutes later I heard another truck coming from the direction the first truck had gone.   I could hear it grinding up the hill behind me and when it got alongside of me, it stopped.   It was the same truck.  The driver leaned over across the cab and said, “Are you OK?”

“Yes, thanks.”  I was surprised.

“I  saw you all bent over from my mirror and found a place to turn around and come see about you.”

“You turned that big truck around to come back and see about me?  And now you are going to have to go down the road and find a place to turn it around again?”

“Yeah, but I wanted to make sure you were OK.”

“What is your name?”

“Mike.”

“God bless  you,  Mike.”

“God bless you too Mister.  You take care of yourself.”

Sometimes God hugs you close and sometimes he sends a  truck driver to say, “fear not, I love  you,” for Him. And sometimes He may call you to be that truck driver.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hundred Years Old

Step Up to the Privilege

I Have Jesus Even When I'm Invisible