I Run For Thee

It was a very tough 15 mile run today. I was tired, very tired right from the beginning. It got worse - worse to the extent I was calling out like Simon Peter when he walked on the water and began sinking: “Lord save me.!” My left shoe was making a scuffing sound, and in the scuffing sound I began to hear the refrain, “Jee- sus, Jee-sus, Jee-sus." On I went, feeling awful but sustained by the sound of the shoe scuffing out the name of Jesus. At two miles I almost turned around but almost hypnotically I followed the Name up the hill to continue on. A song came to mind: “I need thee, oh I need thee. Every hour I need thee…” Oh yes, I needed Him but I needed Him every moment; every step. “I need thee, oh, I need thee. Every step I need Thee. Oh bless me now my Savior. I run for Thee.” Fifteen miles was not in my body this day. I was out of the bounds of my capability but not out of His. At the end of the fifteen mile run, I was thoroughly “poured out like water” but I had run for His glory and in His strength alone. I had been blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Up to the Privilege

A Hundred Years Old

I Have Jesus Even When I'm Invisible