MEETING THE JESUS TRAIN

 


 

So much fuzzy emptiness at this age.  The older I get the more I realize I don't know.  Finally having wisdom enough to know that I don't know, faith comes much easier.  Earthly life seems like the train that left the station without me, leaving me holding on to my suitcase, watching a younger world clank away noisily down the tracks without me.  

Oh, it isn't bad.  I have my suitcase of valuables, my friends, family, but supremely, my relationship with God.  And, that relationship grows more and more intimate watching the train that once was my life, disappearing down the tracks without me.  

Of course, I often wish for what I once had and will never have again, Of course, I wish I had a little more life to live, a little more time on the train, though I am not sure why. It's natural, I guess. Sure, there are things I wish I had done, and things I wished I had done better, but that doesn't seem to matter as much now.  I filled my bucket list but can't remember where I left it.  Neither do I care to search for it.   No, I guess there are no regrets felt important enough to keep riding that same old train.

As the train disappears in the distance, I find my smile.   And the misty moment of indistinct vision brings a soothing peace, unlike anything I have ever felt before.    Faith and hope keep me looking down the tracks. for the next train.  Then out of the fog of limited vision, God's Presence majestically, yet serenely pulls up on the tracks and I see Jesus waiting on the steps of the train.  He reaches out with nailed scarred hands and says, “ Come on  My child - you are mine.”  All aboard.

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hundred Years Old

Step Up to the Privilege

I Have Jesus Even When I'm Invisible