Touch Me Where It Hurts Lord

With endurance sports comes all kinds of aches and pains and sore muscles.  Sometimes, you just have to try to do something for them to relieve the pain and make it through.    One way I have found is to touch it where it hurts and bear down a bit.  Then, hold on and many times the pain diminishes.  Sometimes it goes away entirely.

Our lives get all kinds of aches and pains and sore spots.  Sometimes every move seems painful; so painful, if fact, that we wonder if we can go on.  And to do so, like in endurance sports, we have to take just that next painful step, then another. 

In the painful parts of life, I know I must keep moving forward, asking God all the while, "touch me where it hurts, Lord."  The pain often doesn't always go completely away.  The journey is yet still long.  But sometimes there is a kind of healing in just knowing that God has touched me. God cares.  And, I can have hope and purpose in the struggle knowing His touch is the healing touch of the Master's hand.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Up to the Privilege

I Have Jesus Even When I'm Invisible

A Hundred Years Old