The Right Stuff Within

We have all the right stuff within us, but that right stuff needs something to activate and enliven it to action. It is like a like the earth needs rain and all manner of plants then come from the earth from seeds unseen. In doing endurance sports I take energy gels out on long bike rides or runs. If I forget to take the gel in a timely fashion, I have an energy drop, my performance drops off and the workout gets much harder.

I find the same thing happens when I drift away from reading His Word, or regular prayer; when I let the world consume the most of my attention instead of giving my life a closer relationship with God. When my energy has sagged and I take an energy gel out on the road, it isn't long before I come together again toward my purpose. When I come back humbly to Jesus after a dry spell in my faith, He also brings me back together, releasing the right stuff within in me that was in there all the time, just waiting Jesus to enliven me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Up to the Privilege

I Have Jesus Even When I'm Invisible

Singing Our Hearts Out