Inspiration

Inspiration can be for all of us who hide behind our list of excuses. Inspiration can call us out from under the rock we have felt comfortable hiding under. Inspiration can change people and the direction of their lives. Really? Can we be sure? Seriously, can people really be inspired? Isn't inspiration a form of judging in that we are making an the assumption that our way is the best way? and it would be better for that person to become inspired to change? Is the motive for inspiration a concealed form of ego; that is, trying to inspire people to be more like us?

No, no - I don't want to inspire people to be more like me. I would have them be more like Jesus: I am not the model, the pattern to follow, not me, an old sinner saved by grace. But, I have found the missing coin, the Pearl of Great Price, and want to share it, not because I am judging but because I know it is a better way, the better way, for me, for anyone. This direction, this journey is not the best way because I am on it, but that Jesus is leading the way; my hope, my own inspiration, and my treasure. Yes, I want to inspire, share the treasure, the treasure of life with Jesus; a life without end in His Name...Amen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Up to the Privilege

A Hundred Years Old

I Have Jesus Even When I'm Invisible