Up Is Where the Hope Is


"How old will I be when I get married?"

"Much older," I answered my six-year old granddaughter.

"Nineteen or twenty or even more?"

"Yes, I would hope at least that old. But, I probably won't be around to see it."

"Where will you be?"

"I will be gone home to be with Jesus by then, my dear. But, I will be looking down from above, standing next to Jesus and saying how pretty you look, and how proud of you I am at the fine young lady you are."

"Pop-Pop, you are very big, but you will have to look up to talk to Jesus. Jesus is very, very big; much bigger than you."

"You are right. Jesus is much bigger than I am, and if I want to talk to Jesus, I will have to look up. Up is where the Hope is."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Up to the Privilege

I Have Jesus Even When I'm Invisible

A Hundred Years Old