Credible Witness

The other day I was tilling the garden. My 7 year old granddaughter came out to the garden and began to follow me as I tilled row after row. She made large steps to step in the imprints that my feet made in the freshly turned earth. She was trying to walk in my steps. My first thought was how scary that was that she followed me so closely. What an awesome responsibility to provide a credible witness for a young soul to follow to Jesus.

As we walk through this world and call ourselves Christians, we can leave imprints in the soft earth of fertile minds and hearts. Will they follow in our steps? Have we shied away from the heavy responsibility of being credible witnesses for our Savior. Will others see our witness and want to follow where we have tilled. It occurred to me that, indeed, I want to be the credible witness for my granddaughter. I would like her to continue to be lead to follow where I tilled. And, if I am to be a credible witness that others might follow my footprints to Jesus, then I must follow the right footsteps myself. I must align my stride, my gait more closely to that of my Lord. I must follow in His steps. So, I pray; open the Word, and look for His footprints to follow.

I Peter 2:21: For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, the ye should follow His steps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Up to the Privilege

I Have Jesus Even When I'm Invisible

A Hundred Years Old