Gathering or Scattering

Luke 11: 23
He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with Me scattereth.

There is not middle ground; no straddling the fence with Jesus - no politicians here. You are either "all in" or you are all out. On a secular level I have found this to be true with ironman training. The cost and reward are high, the training rigorous. A half-hearted ironman attempt can lead to serious problems out on the race course. You can't be "almost an ironman. The time limit is 17 hours. Finish within that time and you are an Ironman. Don't finish within 17 hours and you are not.

And one who does not gather is one who scatters. If I call myself a Christian, claim to be "all in " for Jesus, yet my life is no different from the way of the world, am I gathering or scattering in the expression of my faith to the world. And, when the world hears my profession of faith and does not see the evidence of Christ acting through me, my confession and my witness can appear as hypocrisy, driving some away from knowing the true Love of Christ.

As I go about my little life because I need the guidance of the Holy Spirit because with each choice, with each encounter, I demonstrate whether I am gathering or scattering.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Up to the Privilege

A Hundred Years Old

I Have Jesus Even When I'm Invisible