Been With Jesus

 Jesus did some amazing things with storms.  He calmed the storm once and another time He came to His disciples walking on water at night "when the winds were contrary."   He wasn't intimidated by storms or bad weather.   

Today, things just sort of piled on in life and I felt sort of overwhelmed by the storms and bad weather.  I could sense the tenseness in my body, mind, and soul.  I felt so tired from it all.  

I went into the other room and after sitting in a recliner, I closed my eyes and tried to pray.   The words never started.  What did start was an awareness of supernatural realities, that I never expected.  Prayer became communion as I thought of how it will be when all this is over when I am in heaven with Jesus.  

There was a sort of picture in my mind of that reality and with that vision came a peace washing over me.  I will be with Jesus soon.  This all will be over soon.  No more frustrations, broken dreams, heartfelt disappointments,  my own physical pain, no more hate and conflict and envy, there will only be light, peace, Love and Jesus.  I would have gone then if invited.  But, "in the world there shall be tribulations. But fear not for I have overcome the world."  

So  I got  up to go back into the fray, but much more at peace.   I looked at my watch and my heartrate had dropped like a rock.  Why?  Because I have been with Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hundred Years Old