Refinding Your True Home

 

 

 

 

As a child I once got lost in the woods.   It is hard to remember it now but I do remember the fear upon realization that I was indeed lost.   Things looked differently.  Nothing seemed familiar.   Finally I came to a gate that I had never found before in my other adventures in these woods.  When I looked across the pasture past the gate, there was a strange old house.  In my young mind I wondered if it were a witches house.  Then the conflict:  I was lost and this was the only sign of civilization that  I had found in seemingly hours of wandering around in the woods.   I had to take the chance, but I would be ready to run back to the woods if things got bad at all.   

As I left the gate and the woods and walked cautiously toward the old house.  Little by little it begin to come to me as.  As I began to come to myself I realized that the gate that I had come  to was the one I opened to go into the woods to begin with.  The old house was no witch’s house but my Grandmother’s house where I was staying.   I had been lost, confused, my perspective altered, filled with fears, until I realized I was coming home.  I was lost but now am found.     Like the prodigal son in the pig pen, I had come to myself, began to see things in a truer light and found  the way home. 

How many prodigals in this world are lost, confused, filled with fears, with altered perspectives to the extent they can’t recognize the way home.  Their former faith and hope in God given way to trying to find their own way home and when they find they are lost in a wilderness, all  seems strange and unfamiliar. They know they are in the wrong place, going around in circles lost and it is getting dark.  How many are out there in the woods, aimlessly, fearfully wandering around in the wilderness of life, no longer  knowing where they are going or what they should be looking for; only that they need to find a way home; find their way back.     And,  as they begin to come to themselves; no longer blinded by the world, they come to see with new eyes and vividly  experience true Home in the Love of the Father and the Son. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hundred Years Old